Postdoctoral Researcher Benefit Program
All University of Chicago Postdoctoral Researchers are eligible to participate in The University of Chicago Postdoctoral Researcher Benefit Program (PRBP) provided by Gallagher. Insurance coverage is effective based on your start date. Please visit the program website for further details and resources.
This comprehensive program is comprised of the following plans and insurance carriers:
- Medical: BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois HMO or PPO
- Dental: Principal PPO
- Voluntary Vision: VSP
- Life and AD&D Insurance: The Standard
- Short-Term Disability: The Standard
- Long-Term Disability: The Standard
- J1 and J2 Visa Holder Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Requirements: The Standard
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance: The Standard
Eligible Postdoctoral Researchers have 31 days from their start date to enroll themselves and their eligible dependents (family members) in the various benefit plans. Failure to enroll during the first 31 days will delay enrollment in these benefits plans until January of the following calendar year, and as such, the Postdoctoral Researcher would not have coverage until that time.
The major family member eligibility categories are the following:
- Natural or adopted children to age 26
- Stepchildren may be included if they live with the Postdoctoral Researcher, are supported at more than 50%, and claimed as a tax dependent
Contact information for Gallagher: